WARNING: Please do not attempt to perform repairs yourself as it could damage the lighter beyond repair.
1. Windproof lighter. Remove the inside unit from the lighter, allow all fuel to evaporate for two days, and replace the inside unit in the lighter case.
2. Butane lighters. Discharge the gas following the instructions that came with the lighter.
3. Hand warmers. Allow all fuel to evaporate for two days.
4. Knives. Clean away any dirt or debris.
1. Packaging. Package the product securely in a box or padded shipping bag.
2. Cover letter. Enclose a letter with a description of the defect and your contact details such as name, address, telephone number and email address.
3. Shipping. Send the product, together with proof of dispatch as registered mail or as insured package to:
Zippo European Repair Clinic
Groendahlscher Weg 87
46446 Emmerich am Rhein